This page provides members the opportunity to post Employment Opportunities.
All advertisements will be removed after 90 days.
Member Laboratories – No Fee for posting
Non-Member Environmental Laboratories – $25 per post
Corporations other than Environmental Laboratories – $100 per post
Click here to submit your Ad for review and posting.
Click here to pay for your Ad by credit card. A 2% surcharge will be added for Credit Card purchases.
If you want to pay by check contact the office at email@example.com.
- Lab Technicians – City of Reading (6/29/2021)
This position works under the direct supervision of the Laboratory Supervisor and is responsible sampling and analyzing wastewater, industrial waste, sludge, and any other samples as required. There are two positions open.
Typical job duties may include but are not limited to:
• Collects grab samples and automatic/manual composite samples from Wastewater Treatment Plant, collection system and industrial dischargers.
• Installs and maintains automatic sampling equipment.
• Follows standard operating procedures for sample collection and analysis.
• Follows all safety procedures while performing duties.
• Uses pH meters, DO meters, UV/Vis Spectrometer, and additional standard laboratory equipment.
• Performs chemical, physical, and microbiological analyses and analytical field procedures as instructed by the Laboratory Supervisor.
• Operates, maintains, and calibrates all laboratory equipment.
• Prepares chemical reagents and test solutions used in laboratory and field analyses.
• Maintains and records all data in field log book and lab benchtop books.
• Analyzes and records test information to issue lab reports that use graphs, charts, and narratives.
• Tracks sources of illegal discharges and other special sampling as required.
• Works with other laboratory technicians on projects.
• Must be available for weekend, holiday, and emergency situations as required.
• Performs custodial duties in laboratory.
• Evaluates and interprets test results.
• Performs QA/QC on laboratory notebooks and DMR
• Uses computer programs to store and generate reports.
• Performs other duties assigned by Laboratory Supervisor.
• Associates degree in Chemistry, Biology or environmental field or 2 years prior experience in wet chemistry required.
• Valid PA driver’s license Class C required.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs.
Starting rate is $21.05/hour, 40 hours/weekly.
To apply for employment with the City of Reading, download and complete an Employment Application (Fillable) specifying the type of employment/position you are applying for, attach resume’ and send to:
City of Reading
815 Washington Street – Room 3-03
Reading, PA 19601
Applications & resumes or questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Laboratory Director – Special Pathogens Laboratory (5/25/2021)
Our company is growing! Located in Pittsburgh, PA., Special Pathogens Laboratory (SPL) is a nationally-recognized analytical microbiology laboratory and consulting firm that offers healthcare facilities, water treatment providers, and other commercial and industrial sectors reliable, high-quality services specializing in the detection, control and remediation of waterborne pathogens such as Legionella. SPL is a mission-driven company. We have a proud tradition of leading the nation in Legionella detection and the prevention of Legionnaires’ disease. Our multidisciplinary approach uniquely combines the expertise of microbiologists, engineers, communications experts, and physicians to provide comprehensive solutions for our clients.
SPL is currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced Laboratory Director for a full-time assignment. We offer competitive salary and benefits, and a stimulating work environment.
The position requires the following qualifications:
Education: PhD in microbiology, molecular biology, biology or public health field from an accredited university
Experience: At least 5 years of experience in environmental microbiology, with water bacteriology preferred but not required; prior publication experience including peer-reviewed articles; prior experience in analytical laboratory management.
Comprehensive knowledge of state of the art microbiologic, immunologic, and molecular biology assay formats that can be adapted to the company missions and create an organized process for assay development.
Proven ability to apply a wide range of concepts, techniques and practices to carry out broad laboratory objectives.
Established ability to evaluate and produce reliable results, problem-solve and trouble shoot complex problems.
Demonstrated well-developed leadership and personnel management skills.
Excellent communication skills – written & oral
Proficient in the use of various software programs including Microsoft products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, End Note, .)
Demonstrated character traits in line with our core values of Integrity, Respect, Exceptional, Enthusiasm and Nice.
Job Duties include but are not limited to:
Assume overall responsibility of laboratory processes, including general analytical testing, adding new test methods, as well as research activities and product evaluations.
Maintain broad knowledge of relevant healthcare guidelines, scientific principles and trends; provides leadership to direct others in solving complex problems.
Development, review, and implementation of policies, procedures, and guidelines for the methods used to provide timely and accurate processing of samples, analysis, and reporting of test results to clients; as well as policies and procedures to maintain client satisfaction and confidentiality.
Oversite of technical standard operating procedures, including development, validation, and approval. Monitor and maintain standards of performance in quality control (QC) and quality assurance (QA); ensures key performance indicators (KPI’s) are met.
Working with the VP of Laboratory Quality, providing the required technical knowledge and management to ensure that methods, documentation, and laboratory activities are compliant with regulations and requirements to retain certifications and accreditations.
Represent the lab as prime internal and customer contact on testing requests and proposals; may review and negotiate contracts.
May field client calls, lead conference calls, serving as a technical expert.
Ensure the laboratory is adequately staffed for efficient management of workloads.
Responsible for overall management and professional development of lab employees.
Provide oversight on training opportunities for laboratory personnel and assures that analysts maintain a high proficiency level in analytical methods.
Participate with Leadership to provide strategic plans and ideas to improve efficiency of laboratory operations, especially with the incorporation of new technologies.
Develop budgets for areas of responsibility to incorporate into overall operations.
Make contributions to scientific literature and conferences by active involvement in relevant professional organizations and manuscripts for publication.
Represent the laboratory through presentations that promote the SPL vision and mission.
Name: Robert Fonzi
Company: Special Pathogens Laboratory