Surburban Testing Labs (STL) is seeking exceptional candidates for the position of Laboratory Supervisor. In this critical role you’ll report to the Laboratory Manager and supervise the day-to-day operations of one of our key laboratory units.
We seek a talented supervisor or assistant manager to manage a team of up to 15 laboratory analysts, chemists and technicians. This is your chance to take the next step in your career and make your mark!
STL offers you a stable yet innovative organization that’s been successfully operating for 60 years. We’re a privately owned company that’s focused on providing an outstanding employee experience for our staff and a stellar client experience for our customers. Moreover, our laboratory professionals work with state-of-the art instrumentation and our company regularly reinvests in the continued long-term growth and success of the organization.
Our competitive compensation and benefits program includes:
Medical insurance PPO with Capital Blue Cross
Dental and Vision
Short-term disability pay and free life insurance
401(k) with company matching
Paid time off for volunteer activities
Paid Vacation, Sick & Personal Time
Health Savings Account & Flexible Spending Account
Some of our perks include:
Work schedule flexibility to handle personal / outside needs
Paid training events and a focus on continuous learning
Fun events & gatherings provided for our employees throughout the year
STL promotes diversity and provides a welcoming environment where different ideas and perspectives are encouraged! EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer
TO LEARN MORE ABOUT STL PLEASE VISIT: www.suburbantestinglabs.com
The Laboratory Supervisor performs the day-to-day management of a team of dedicated lab analysts, scientists and chemists. In this role you’re accountable for ensuring your laboratory units generate accurate, timely and cost-effective analytical data that our clients use to support important environmental decision making related to the testing of water and soil samples.
Key Accountabilities Include:
Lead and supervise lab analysts ensuring their successful job performance and development. Assign work via making specific requests, allocate resources and delegate effectively to dept. members.
Carry out performance management with direct reports to include writing and conducting performance reviews, creating written performance and development plans, conducting dept. huddles and team meetings, and issuing disciplinary actions. Conduct 1:1 feedback and coaching meetings with direct reports.
Translate overall company goals and strategies into specific objectives and actions for your assigned dept. Create, communicate and execute dept. action plans with your team.
Recommend and execute on key performance measurements – KPIs – for your lab employees with a focus on maintaining the highest standards of quality and turnaround times. Use these measurements to monitor and manage the performance of your team, ensuring that each staff member understands how their KPIs are measured, why they are important, and how to achieve them.
Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the activities and capacity of your team. Ensure training is effectively planned & executed with assigned team members.
Run effective huddles and meetings with your dept. Ensure each team member is clear on company and dept. goals & objectives and how what they do contributes to our company achieving its goals and objectives.
Actively participate in and contribute to continuous process improvements focused on customer requirements, quality, and production efficiency. Participate in the hiring process and help to select “A” players.
Ensure processes, automated systems and methodologies for your assigned lab are effective, streamlined and functioning properly.
- Strong leadership, supervisory & problem solving skills. Able to inspire, motivate and build teams.
- Ability to use effective recognition, engagement, feedback, coaching and corrective actions to drive employee performance.
- Strong planning, critical thinking and conflict resolution abilities.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and basic business acumen.
- Exceptional prioritization, organizational and multi-tasking skills. Able to manage multiple projects and work under pressure.
- Solid written and verbal communication abilities along with strong interpersonal skills.
- Tenacious professional who demonstrates excitement and enthusiasm around meeting and exceeding performance goals.
- 3 to 5 years of experience as a direct supervisor or manager of teams in a fast-paced, production oriented environment.
- Experience supervising employees in a manufacturing or other production related environment is required. Laboratory experience is a plus but not required.
- Track record of results leading production oriented teams of at least 20 to 50 employees and handling high-volume operations with multiple product lines / services.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
TO APPLY: PLEASE EMAIL YOUR RESUME TO: firstname.lastname@example.org