Lehigh County Authority has a brand new, entry-level Compliance Technician opportunity in Allentown, PA. As an essential member of the Operations team, you’ll be responsible for maintaining regulatory compliance with state and federal programs by providing precise analytical results with water & wastewater sample collection and analyses. If you are an analytical self-starter who is ready to make an impact, apply today!
What you’ll do
With a combination of duties in the field, laboratory, and office, you’ll work independently on a variety of tasks under the guidance of our Quality Manager. Day to day, you will:
– Collect and deliver water and wastewater samples, including sample bottle preparation, chain of custody preparation, and sample splitting
– Perform field analyses including chlorine residuals, conductivity, pH, phosphates, and others that may be necessary
– Perform laboratory analyses, process control changes and calculations using lab & plant data, and maintain inventory of laboratory equipment
– Provide administrative assistance to the Quality Manager such as data entry, processing, reporting, and relaying all pertinent information to the Operations group
What you need to thrive in this role
– Education: Associate’s degree in Chemistry, Biology, Environmental Science, Soil Science, Geology, or related field
Licenses: Valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License required for transportation between the LCA Main office and Schnecksville collection facility
– Experience: 1-3 years in an environmental laboratory collecting and gathering samples for environmental compliance preferred
– Technology: Experience with Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS), Microsoft Word & Excel
– Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Water & wastewater laboratory methods and techniques as required by Chapter 252 of DEP’s Accreditation Act; familiarization with sampling concepts, troubleshooting & equipment; ability to produce spreadsheets & graphs
Lehigh County Authority (LCA) is a municipal authority focused on providing high-quality, affordable water and sewer services to our customers. We operate in a cost-effective and efficient manner that results in affordable rates for public services such as the water and sewer services LCA provides. Want to learn more about LCA and our team? https://www.lehighcountyauthority.org/jobs/
As an LCA employee, you would be eligible for competitive pay and benefits including:
Paid Health, dental and vision coverage – covers employee and eligible dependents with no employee contributions
Generous paid vacation, sick leave, personal days, and holidays
Company provided life insurance
Eligibility for two retirement plans – Pennsylvania Municipal Retirement Plan and 457(Empower)
I’m interested, how do I get started?
Apply to: https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=ozgVnfwR&s=PAAEL
Our hiring management partner is myHR Partner. myHR Partner is not a staffing service or recruiter. All resumes/applications will be reviewed for this position and only for our organization.
We realize that it takes time and effort to go through our application process and we thank you for considering applying for this position.
Lehigh County Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Lehigh County Authority does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, Veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Thank you for considering us as a potential employer!